What w2html is:
- w2html is a conglomeration of programs tied together with a shell script to create a html file from a Microsoft Word file that can be integrated into a preexisting website.
What w2html components are:
- DeCSS - Removes CSS from HTML files (no this has nothing to do with DVD's)
- wvWare - Converts a Word File to HTML, w2html uses the wvHtml component of this program
- HTML Tidy Classic - Cleans up HTML, w2html uses the Classic version not the library version
Why w2html is useful:
- Convert a huge bunch of Word files to be integrated into website
- Clear easy to use design (i.e. w2html *.doc will convert all the .doc files into html
- Simple usage design
How to install w2html:
- Download, compile and place in the path the three programs above
- Extract w2html into a directory
- Compile bin_html.c * (Usually gcc bin_w2html.c -o bin_w2html on most systems.)
How to Run w2html:
- Just run the program, with an word file as an argument it will convert that file to html
- If you have a header and footer file you may have w2html use those files instead of the w2html defaults by specifying the footer file with "-f" and the header with "-h" (i.e. "w2html -f footer.html -h header.html file.doc" Would take file.doc and convert it to HTML named file.html using the footer.html and header.html files as the footer and header respectively.)
Where to get w2html:
- w2html is available from my website at http://www.inmff.net/w2html/w2html.tar.gz it is only 3k. To my knowledge this is the only place to obtain w2html.
- w2html is released under the GNU General Public License.
How to contact w2html's author:
- Nicholas Barnard may be contacted via his website form.